Most residential the carpet will only require cleaning twice a year.
You could may even cleaning them more frequently ( 3 or 4 time a years) if you
- Have People with respiratory ailment (asthma or allergies etc) living in the home
- Have pets (Cat and dogs leave dander in your carpets)
- Have young children (babies / toddlers on your carpets)
- Have many people in the home (High traffic)
- Have smokers in the home
- Live in a damp or wet climate
Carpets should be cleaned on a schedule-You should not wait for your carpet to appear dirty before cleaning them.
- Carpet is designed hold its weight in dirt before they appear dirty. So when they look dirty they are filthy Possibly holding twice its its weight or more in dirt.
- The friction when walking on dirty carpet grinds dirt against your carpet fibers permanently damaging your carpets. This gradually deteriorates you carpets